We are always looking for new writers to contribute more great articles for The Muslim Vibe and want to promote the vast talent within the Muslim community.
At The Muslim Vibe, we want to something for everyone; from all backgrounds and all walks of life. Our underlying editorial line is simple; makes sure it is productive and positive! If you would like to become a regular contributor or would simply like to submit an article, please follow the steps below.
1. Be positive
Use positive encouragement to inspire change, and putting people down and using demeaning and/or negative language.
2. Be practical
Don’t rant about a problem or an issue without offering any solution. Try to offer ethical, practical and viable advice to whichever issue you’re writing about.
3. Be mindful
Be considerate of people’s sensitivities when writing about potentially controversial issues, such as sectarian, ideological and theological differences.
4. Be smart
Always ask yourself before submitting an article; who is my target audience, is this articles relevant and will this article help people or will it do more harm?
5. Be yourself
Add personality and anecdotal references to make your writing more relatable with readers. Don’t be afraid to share your own ideas, opinions and thoughts.
We are looking to publish and shed light on a vast array of topics, in line with our ‘something for everyone’ motto.
Formats and styles of content
- Blogs – Personal and informal; ideas, opinions and reflections.
- In-depth articles – Academic and formal; analysis, advice and opinions.
- Interviews – Relatable interviews with interesting and inspirational figures.
- Lists – Short buzzfeed style lists such as ’10 great facts about…’ etc
- Galleries – A series of images along with a summary paragraph.
- Reviews – Reviews for restaurants, travel destinations, events and more.
- Videos – Virals, films and documentaries online with a short summary.