God being Just has given a solution to every problem, all we need to do is look…
Have you ever come across a situation where you feel that there is no-one there to help you, feeling lost, restless and anxious that all you have worked for is going down the drain and feeling like nothing is going your way? Dua is a tool for attracting God’s attention and blessings. His attention removes calamity from the life of one who supplicated and brings about unfathomable blessings for the suppliant.
Dua is the expression of the deprived one, it is the pronunciation to the Eternal Absolute, seeking the assistance of the power from the All-Powerful, a demonstration of humility to the Omnipotent and is loved by Him (Allah) and is dear to every mystic and every desperate one. God has created everything in perfection and a solution to every problem: he created food for the hungry, water for the thirsty and intellect for the scholar. It is unjust if the All-Just doesn’t solve our daily problems. Therefore, God being Just has given a solution to every problem, all we need to do is look.
Here are 25 supplications found in the Holy Quran that you can make to Allah.
Assistance in this world
1. Our Lord! Grant that our spouses and our offspring be a comfort to our eyes, and give us the grace to lead those who are conscious of You. (25:74)
2. Our Lord! Lay not upon us such a burden as You did lay upon those before us. (2:286)
3. Our Lord! Make us not a trial for the evildoing folk, and save us by Your mercy from people who deny the truth (10:85-86)
4. Our Lord! You truly know all that we may hide [in our hearts] as well as all that we bring into the open, for nothing whatever, be it on earth or in heaven, remains hidden from Allah (14:38)
5. Our Lord! Lay open the truth between us and our people, for You are the best of all to lay open the truth. (7:89)
6. Our Lord! Behold we have heard a voice calling us unto faith: “Believe in your Lord” as we have believed. (3:193)
7. Our Lord! Bestow on us endurance and make our foothold sure and give us help against those who reject faith. (2:250)
Forgiveness in this World
8. Our Lord! Grant us good in this world and good in the life to come and keep us safe from the torment of the Fire (2:201)
9. Our Lord! Take us not to task if we forget or fall into error. (2:286)
10. Our Lord! Impose not on us that which we have not the strength to bear, grant us forgiveness and have mercy on us. You are our Protector. Help us against those who deny the truth. (2:286)
11. Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and the lack of moderation in our doings, and make firm our steps and succour us against those who deny the truth. (3:147)
12. Our Lord! Whomsoever You shall commit to the Fire, truly You have brought [him] to disgrace, and never will wrongdoers find any helpers (3:192)
13. Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and efface our bad deeds and take our souls in the company of the righteous. (3:193)
14. Our Lord! You embrace all things within Your Grace and Knowledge, forgive those who repent and follow Your path, and ward off from them the punishment of Hell. (40:7)
15. Our Lord! We have sinned against ourselves, and unless You grant us forgiveness and bestow Your mercy upon us, we shall most certainly be lost! (7:23)
16. Our Lord! Forgive us our sins as well as those of our brethren who preceded us in faith and let not our hearts entertain any unworthy thoughts or feelings against [any of] those who have believed. Our Lord! You are indeed full of kindness and Most Merciful (59:10)
Help in the Hereafter
17. Our Lord! Pour out on us patience and constancy, and make us die as those who have surrendered themselves unto You. (7:126)
18. Our Lord! Let not our hearts deviate from the truth after You have guided us, and bestow upon us mercy from Your grace. Verily You are the Giver of bounties without measure. (3:8)
19. Our Lord! Bestow on us mercy from Your presence and dispose of our affairs for us in the right way. (18:10)
20. Our Lord! Perfect our light for us and forgive us our sins, for verily You have power over all things. (66:8)
21. Our Lord! Relieve us of the torment, for we do really believe. (44:12)
22. Our Lord! Make them enter the Garden of Eden which You have promised to them, and to the righteous from among their fathers, their wives and their offspring, for verily You are alone the Almighty and the truly Wise. (40:8)
23. Our Lord! Place us not among the people who have been guilty of evildoing. (7:47)
24. Our Lord! And grant us that which you have promised to us by Your messengers and save us from shame on the Day of Judgement. Verily You never fail to fulfill Your promise. (3:194)
25. Our Lord! In You we have placed our trust, and to You do we turn in repentance, for unto You is the end of all journeys. (60:4)
The Holy Qur’an is a handbook for the creations given by the Creator, it contains everything we need to know in order to reach perfection. The scripture has solutions to worldly and spiritual problems. This article focused on twenty-five Duas (supplications) we can extract from the Divine Book, there are several more duas we can take-away, all we have to do is ask God to show us the way.