Willowbrook is a family run farm nestled in the beautiful Oxfordshire countryside. We believe it is our duty to take seriously the role of steward for God’s creation (Khalifa), to produce food naturally and sustainably (Tayyib) and to be grateful for the food we receive (Halal). In practice, this means we adopt a responsible and holistic approach to all aspects of food production, from the farm to fork. We keep our livestock and poultry at naturally sustainable and manageable stocking levels, providing them with plenty of access to fresh pasture.
We strive to meet the highest standards: providing a non-GM diet and using no unnatural chemicals, hormones or routine medication on our animals or on our land. Over and above our farming practices we are committed to the environmental sustainability and natural biodiversity of the land.
Although we have grown from a small farm supplying the needs of our friends and family to supplying customers across the UK, we still hold true to our ideals and will never allow ourselves to chase profit or expand to commercial levels that will compromise our integrity and quality.
Through our regular summer Events and Activities, we welcome visitors to our farm throughout the year to meet us personally and be part of our work. We feel it is important for there to be a strong connection between supplier and consumer, as both parties are responsible for ensuring that the food we consume has been naturally, sustainably and ethically produced.
Whether you’re interested in buying quality reared food or joining in our many activities and events, or if you’d just like to enjoy a cuppa in the glorious Oxfordshire countryside, there will be something for you at Willowbrook!
Unlike most commercial farmers, rearing large numbers of fast growing hybrid birds, we choose to rear only traditional and natural breeds of chicken. We maintain our flocks at naturally sustainable and manageable stocking levels, providing them with plenty of access to fresh pasture, providing a non-GM diet, using no chemicals, medication or hormones, on our animals or on our land. Our sheep are extensively reared in a small sustainable flock, on natural grassland and managed with a personal interaction rather than impersonal commercial farming methods and routine antibiotics or chemical sprays.
Our principles are informed by the desire to farm naturally and sustainably:
- To treat livestock ethically, meeting their physiological and behavioural needs
- To maintain the long-term fertility and biological activity of soils
- To foster biodiversity and protect sensitive habitats and landscape features
- To maximise use of renewable sources and recycling
- To minimise pollution and waste
- To develop ecologically responsible production, processing and distribution chains, emphasising local systems
- Willowbrook’s 15th Birthday – A very special event celebrating 15 years of farming, and showing how our farm has grown with the support of so many over the years.
- Volunteer Sundays – Volunteer at Willowbrook with a range of seasonal farm work – Date: Every Sunday
- Open Days – Family days out every Sunday – Date: Every Sunday, Spring- Autumn
- Easter Egg Hunt – TWO days over the Easter weekend especially for the young and the young at heart. Date: April 16th & 17th
- Workshop Weekend – A weekend packed full of workshops! This will run instead of our Festival this summer. Date: July
- W.A.M Festival – Our Willowbrook Arts and Music Festival – Next event 2018!
You can buy from our store by visiting this link.