We’re pleased to announce the launch of The Muslim Vibe Podcast!
In this episode, independent journalist, Nargess Moballeghi and our chief editor, Salim Kassam, join our deputy editor, Afrah Mansour to discuss the following key points:
- Britain’s counter terrorist policy, Prevent, and if it’s working in the current political climate.
- The United Nation making Wonder Woman the gender equality ambassador.
- The ethics of looking after our elderly, and if we’re failing to do so in our communities.
The articles accessed and discussed in this podcast can be found here:
- Miqdaad Versi for The Guardian: “Prevent is failing. Any effective strategy must include Muslim communities.” – 20th October 2016.
- Rob Merrick for The Independent: “Oxford University vice-chancellor says Prevent strategy is ‘wrong-headed.’” – 22nd October 2016.
- UN Petition: “Reconsider the choice of Wonder Woman as the UN’s Honorary Ambassador for the empowerment of women and girls.”
- Afrah Mansour for The Muslim Vibe: “The ethics of looking after our elderly.” – 23rd October 2016.
- Jeremy Hunt for the Department of Health: “The forgotten million.” – 18th October 2013.
We look forward to your thoughts and feedback, and hopefully some suggestions for our next topics. You can do so by emailing us on [email protected].
Don’t forget to connect on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and subscribing to our podcast.