While this year will probably go down as one of the craziest years in modern day history, it would be bad of us to not look at the positive, and where better to start than in the pages of our own online magazine? Here is a roundup of some of our best pieces in 2016! You can find the links to each of the articles mentioned below the video.
- Altaf Husain Neva: 11 verses to help tackle the different emotions we go through in life
- Hussain Makke: Why as Muslims we can’t support Noor Tagouri’s decision to feature in Playboy
- ABC7: Incredible story of Muslim restaurant owner in Washington who feeds the homeless for free
- Mohamed Ali Gokal: Sheikh Nimr has been executed: Here are four things we all need to do
- Z Hussain: 14 important leadership lessons from Imam Ali’s letter to Malik al-Ashtar
- Amir Webb: Dawah Man and the dangers of aggressive street dawah
- The Muslim Vibe: Getting inked: the Islamic perspective on getting tattoos
- Nadia Kadry: Is it time more Muslims turned to Veganism?
- Moneeza Badat: Wahhabism, Saudi and the Divided Ummah
- Alex Klaushofer: My experience as a non-Muslim going undercover with Britain’s Sufi Muslims
- Salim Kassam: British Muslim women hit back at David Cameron: The best of the #TraditionallySubmissive hashtag
- Furqan Shaikh: An open letter to Islamist extremists from the other Muslims in the world
- Emlyn Pearce: “A Christian could never be elected mayor in a Muslim city!” …are you sure about that?
- Dawud Walid: Addressing intra-Muslim racism in the institutions of organizations and marriage
- Z Hussain: The philosophy of crying in Islamic thought
- The Muslim Vibe: What is Eid-al-Ghadir and why do Shia Muslims celebrate it?
Happy reading, and happy holidays!